Welcome to the Robert Service High School Chemistry webpage. Here you'll learn more about our chemistry classes and our policies.
Homework: Homework is worth 5 to 10 points and will be given daily. A quiz consisting of 1 or 2 homework problems from the previous week may be given in place of homework
Tests and Quizzes: Tests and quizzes are essential to check your understanding of the material. Quizzes are worth 10 to 25 points and will be given at least once a month. Tests are worth up to 100 points and will be given 3 times each semester.
Labs: Labs are worth 10 to 30 points and will be graded on safety, participation, and write-up. Reports should be neatly written or typed.
Reasearch projects Research projects give you a chance to expand your knowledge beyond the classroom. There will be several research projects throughout the year.
You can meet with Mr. Dubé before or after school or during most lunch hours in room H113. Do not hesitate to ask for help! It can be very hard to catch up if you fall behind.
Because of the potential danger of any lab exercise, you will be held to the highest standards of behavior, and will be rmoved from the class if you pose a threat to yourself or other students.
- Follow the instructor's written and oral directions carefully and immediately.
- Never perform any procedure that the instructor does not specifically direct you to do.
- No playful behavior is permitted in the lab.
- You must wear safety equipment as directed at all times, even if you find it uncomfortable or unbecoming.
- No food, drinks, or loose clothing are permitted in the lab.
Chemistry with Dubé is like medicine with a spoonful of C12H22O11!